Wednesday, March 18, 2009

OUR BABY GIRL!




Our Savannah Ann Massey was finally born on March 14 at 10:40 p.m. she weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz. and was 18 1/2 in. long. Everything went really well. I went into labor by myself (which I didn't do with my other two so I was pretty excited.) When I got to the hospital I was dilated to a 5 and I had her about 3 1/2 hours later. She is just a tiny little thing, but don't worry she is very strong. She already rolled over while she was on my parents couch...twice. I don't know how, and she hasn't done it since. She definitely has a temper as well. There are certain things she doesn't like, for example having a bath, getting her clothes changed, having her diaper changed... pretty much everything you do with newborns. and she really lets you know about it. But for the most part she is just a sweet little baby. It is fun having a girl around, my boys think she is so great. I have to watch both of them with her. The first day we brought her home Makade was eating cookies and he thought he was doing something nice be sharing with her. After that we had to have a discussion about how babies can't chew.
Today she had her 2 week check-up and she weighs 7lbs. 7 oz. and is 20 in. long. So she is growing and things are going good. Now if I can just convince her to sleep through the night...





Makade holding Savannah for the first time.


Way more interested in eating breakfast.







3 days old.



One week

9 comments:

Brett and Diane said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy that you posted pictures of Savannah she is a doll. I'm glad to hear things went so smoothly with having her. Sounds like she fits in perfectly with your family.

Liberti said...

She's adorable - yay for some "pink" around!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you. Miss having you in the ward. Hope you get some sleep soon.

Jesenia said...

Congrats, she is beautiful, if you ever need to know where to get anything girly, let me know. Girls are so much fun, I am glad that you finally have one. Now I just need to have a boy next. Take care!! And I am with you on the not sleeping, hopefully soon.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

WHERE IN THE FREAKING world have i been??? I had NO IDEA you were even pregnant! Man I miss out on everything! I am so glad you got a girl she is DARLING! CONGRATS

Kandice said...

Well dang it...see how good I am at keeping up..I didn't notice you did this post. I kept wondering if you were going to! Guess now I know. She is so cute. I am so glad you get to see the "girly" side of things. TTYL!

Erika and Jason said...

She is so cute! I was wondering if you had her yet. I am really excited for you!

The McClellan Clan said...

I have been waiting and waiting and it was worth it. She is SO cute!!! Who do you think she looks like? Wow I can't believe how fast you went, that is awesome! Well she is adorable and I think she is going to be growing up with some protective brothers which is so awesome!

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

Yea!! Congrats! She is such a doll! You look great too! Good luck with the sleep at nights! : )

Please put a picture on my map!!

The Soundtrack