Friday, March 7, 2008

BOYS WILL BE BOYS




Today has just been one of those days. Both of my boys have been into everything and causing all sorts of havoc around here. If I wrote about everything they did today it would make for a pretty long post, so I will just tell you about a couple of Charlie's happenings.
This morning I put both of my boys in the bath tub. I usually put them both in together and after Charles is finished I take him out and get him dressed while Makade stays in and plays for a few more minutes. So that is what I did. After I got Charlie dressed he crawled in the bathroom to see what Makade was doing and to watch him play I guess, pretty harmless... or so I thought. I was in the next room folding laundry when I heard a big splash. That is not anything unusual with Makade in the tub, but I ran in there cause I was thinking Charlie probably got soaked from Makade splashing. Well it is a good thing I ran because when I got there Charlie had pulled himself over the edge and had fallen in and was under the water. I hurried and picked him up, but he must of sucked up some water and was pretty upset. After he got done choking and crying for a minute he thought it was funny because then he busted up laughing, I couldn't believe it!
About an hour later I went back to my laundry folding. Makade and Charlie were playing with Makade's toys in his room, when all of a sudden I heard Charlie giggling from the bathroom. I went running in because he has been quite fascinated with the toilet lately. Oh boy did I see a sight when I got there. (if you have a weak stomach you might want to quit reading now!) He was covered in poop. Makade had gone and not flushed the toilet and Charlie had fished it out and smeared it everywhere, including himself. I picked him up and began gagging my head off. But I stuck him in the sink and starting washing him off with the nearest soap... while still gagging. The whole time he is looking at me like I'M the crazy one. Then I got the grin and that's when I really lost it...he looked at me with a sweet innocent little smile and what do you know... he had two little poop covered nubby teeth!

He is my climber. He climbs on anything and everything. The pictures were taken over a month ago and since then he has only improved. He started crawling when he was 8 months old, the next day he started pulling up on everything, and about a week later he started climbing on everything. I don't think he goes a day without adding to his collection of bruises on his forehead!

Charlie is such a funny little baby. He is 10 months old and is already getting into all kinds of trouble. I always need to keep my eye on him. After today I think I am going to have to keep BOTH eyes on him at all times!

7 comments:

DanaLee said...

Erin, HI honey!
I didnt drop by cuz I was POOPED! I slept a ton that visit. Carol and I only watch Idol and then went to bed. Any way I got ya a pict on the map now- where is mine???

Lindsey said...

Erin,
I can totally relate to your day. That is so funny! I hope your surrvive all the poop.

Anonymous said...

Oh' Erin, I know I already herd this story from you over the phone. But I have to say I could not stop laughing. I think it is because little Carlie reminds me so much of my own sweet little boy Jax. Boys for sure will be boys. You would think you and I would be used to the crazy things boys do. You know we both had three brothers. And no sisters. Anyway, I'm sure when I see you next our boys or going to have a hay day with each other. Oh' boy!!
Also those pictures of him climbing are so cute. I just want to squeeze the little fart. Miss you soooo much. Thanks for the laugh!!! Britt

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just looked at your vistitors on your map. Did you see the pic Boone put on there? She craks me up!!! How funny is she. We just all love that Boone!!!

The McClellan Clan said...

okay this is the funniest story. I don't know how you didn't barf everywhere!! Good job holding it together. I would die!!!!! Your boys are so dang cute!!!!

Jesenia said...

That is hilarious!! I don't know anything about little boys, I guess I will figure it out If I ever get a little boy. Thanks for the good laugh!!

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe it! I would have probably thrown up! It takes a special mom to raise boys I think!

Please put a picture on my map!!

The Soundtrack